Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
tomato clown
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loversn
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.01.12(Wed)14:26    Post subject: tomato clown Reply with quote

I have set up my marine aquarium about 7 months ago. I have tomato clown, clariki clowns and some damsel. My tomato clown a couple of days ago stopped eating and swims near surface. it fights with other clariki clowns.
Is it normal for tomato clown not to eat? what should be done to make tomato clown eat and act normally again.
FloridaBoy
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.01.12(Wed)17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend, this is not normal behavior for your clown.
I checked your profile for more info; but without even the basic details on your system like size and filtration it's hard to help.
Generic reply would be; stress, due to something in the environment; I.e. disease/pathogens/white spot, aggression/bullying by tankmates; lack of oxygen or ammonia spike, take a closer look and have an experienced hobbyist stop by for a look if possible. Move the suspect fish to your quarantine tank or your dealer's sick tank asap, to avoid further issues; it may be too late so close observation of all fish now is critical.
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.12(Wed)19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is odd behavior for a tommato. my old one cruised the tank enforcing her rule. try offering it a variety of foods. mysis, brine, krill ect. I agree moving it to a hospital tank asap would be the optimum thing to do. also how large is the tommato clown? also it is a general rule that 1 species of clown should be kept per tank unless the tnak is huge to allow for minimal territorial problems.

andrew
2 winged demons
loversn
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.01.13(Thu)8:02    Post subject: tomato clown Reply with quote

the tank is about 60 gallons. it has lots of corals so fish can hide. my tomato clown is about 1-1.2 inches and the clarikis clowns are bigger like 1.5 inches. all other fish eat and seem very healthy. probably I think it is due to stress or fight with other clowns. I will isolate the tomato clown and see what will happen.
thanks for the advice.
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: