Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
help me make a new tank
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Furious_George

PostPosted: 2003.03.07(Fri)20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option would be to check the classifieds section in your local newspaper. I got hooked up with a 30gallon tank for 50 bucks (with heater and filter) by checking the "pet supplies" section of the classifieds. Also check the "free merchandise" section too, I got a 10gallon and a 2 gallon (with hoods, filters, and heaters) all for free. Another option would be to go to garage sales, I bought a 90 dollar filter for 2 bucks at a garage sale a few weeks ago.

It just goes to show that you don't have to always buy new.
xhris78corvette

PostPosted: 2003.04.11(Fri)8:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen some pic's and how to's on the net on building tanks even one to cut some of the costs by using wood on all sides but the front (if your better at working with wood than glass ) only bad part I saw was that the epoxy was very expensive but on a tank that size probably woulnd't be so bad
Deep

PostPosted: 2003.04.14(Mon)7:38    Post subject: tanks Reply with quote

Look online at buy and sell.........just hunt for a while.

I got a 125 gallon, with steel stand, while an aqua clear 500, with magnum 350, with 4 big air pumpms, heater, nets, light bar............all for 290 canadian..........hunt..........take your time.

Deep
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: