Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
DIY hood/light questions (with pics)
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jones
Members

PostPosted: 2005.01.07(Fri)17:06    Post subject: DIY hood/light questions (with pics) Reply with quote

Hi everybody,
I set up my 29 gallon tank about 5 months ago and I bought a 55 watt pc about a month ago. Today the idea struck me to add my old 20 watt strip light to the glass canopy. It barely fit. Pretty soon (hopefully sunday) I will be making a hood from wood. Right now I think all I can fit is those two lights. This is a problem because I want a jungle in my tank and 2.5 watts isn't getting very fast growth. Is there a way I could fit more bulbs in.

Just a general overview of the lights

Can I just remove the plastic cover on the power compact. Is there a way that I can get just the bulb and put that in my hood. The plastic case is sooo bulky and it doesn't look like its really doing anything. Perhaps there is a way to remove it. This way when I have my hood I can fit possible one more strip light. I think maybe it's because it gets so hot. Can I Just have a lot of vents and fans in my hood.

view from the front

Thanks for the input

-Jones
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: