Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
World Of Warcraft
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.04(Tue)22:43    Post subject: World Of Warcraft Reply with quote

my sister baught world of warcraft recently and I have been able to play it. its really lots of fun. I played 2 and a half hours straight and it flew by fast. it cost 75 aussie dollars to purchase. what I found odd was that you have to pay blizzard 15 bucks a month(probably us) to play. what I think that is for is to pay for the mb usage as when we play WoW it dosen't use any of our internet usage. I am probably going to buy it for myself as it seems to be unpirateable. anyway its really fun lots of characters and quests, items things to kill. you also can get a profesion to make money like fishing, tailoring. I am a skinner as I am a dark elf and my class is a hunter. its really great and I recomend it to anybody!

andrew
2 winged demons
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.01.04(Tue)22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife has always been totally hooked on Warcraft, to the point that I had to give her a new PC for her birthday last July, just so she could play the new WoW game. I even installed WindowsBlinds and then the WoW theme/desktop on it, looks really cool. She's already finished the entire game several times...
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.05(Wed)7:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

well marcos as there are different races of characters and different things you can get them to be so technecly she didn't finish the entire game just a bit of it. theres so much to do in that world. what is her highest level?

cheers

andrew
2 winged demons
rijac
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.07(Fri)11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do you find the time, what with work, and water changes and pruning and algae scrubbing and reading up on the forum and did I mention work and feeding babies and cleaning home.... I barely have time to play solitaire on my pc....
Laskey
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.01.15(Sat)8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband pays 15 USD per month to play some Star Wars game. He's always telling me how impressed he is with the detail, not just of the graphics but the way they've set up this complete virtual community. I am of the camp where I think it's silly to spend too much time on a "pretend life", but I let him play all of the time just because he likes it and if that's what he wants to do when he relaxes, then fine Smile I just expect him to come to dinner when it's finished cooking. It's not cool when you've cooked something fabulous and it goes cold because "I'm in the middle of an important mission". I was so mad once, I unplugged our router (!) but I promised I wouldn't do it again. Now I tell him, "Dinner will be ready in 20 minutes", and so then he has 20 minutes to wrap it up and come eat.

He still spends about (just guessing) 75 hours a week on that game, or the forums for that game. He's a star player and a celebrity in that little virtual world. I wish he had other hobbies but that's how it is.

I'm surprised at how many adults and women are on the gaming scene these days. I saw their photo album and there was nary a kid in sight. Weird!

I have my own computer obsessions, so I try not to judge. I'll sit here for hours configuring a new Linux distro or application, myself. So it halfway works out.

Laskey
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: