Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
The Cuteness Thread :-)
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laskey2
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.01.02(Sun)3:38    Post subject: The Cuteness Thread :-) Reply with quote

It was bound to appear...

Part of the hobby is enjoying the personality of your fish, and you gotta admit it--MAN, they can be cute! Do you ever feel odd when you tell anyone who will listen, what cute thing your fish did the other day? I do, but I think I can get them to understand from my descriptions, how entertaining fish are, sometimes. I got my husband into watching their antics, for example. He said, "Their mannerisms ARE cute."

This morning, we witnessed the awakening of the cranky, sleepy fish, from last night's slumber. That's always fun. First, I turn on the ceiling light in the room -- it's not very strong, so it won't shock their eyes. We did that, and sat by the tank. In no time, three zebra loaches came out from under their rock formation, paddling in excitement. I guess they're happy little fish. The SAE is the fun one to watch wake up.

After some time, the aquarium hood lights come on (I have a timer). The little SAE was sitting on a pennywort leaf--a perfect little baby SAE-sized leaf Wink (Awww). By this time, the zebra loaches are fluttering around and flirting with us like little Tinkerbells, excited about breakfast. But I was telling DH to watch the SAE. He has the cutest wake-up routine.

First, he'll move slightly. He'll actually stretch his back and head upwards and yawn a few times. About two minutes into it, he starts actually twitching. It's like he's charging up his batteries. He'll yawn some more, and twitch some more. And then, BAM! Suddenly when he's sufficiently wound up, he's off! He nibbles some algae here and there and goes about his little SAE thing that they do.

I dropped in sinking loach pellets and we listened to the clicking. Fascinating and very cute. I fed the rest some flakes in their feeding ring. (I'll feed them bloodworms later, but this morning it was flake time.)

I love it that I got DH as into the "cuteness" aspect of the fish as I am. He even hand-fed the fish once!
Laskey
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.02(Sun)7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to go on about my gobie when I had my 32g. he was red head gobie and only 1.5" long. he wasn't afraid of anything and went anywhere(I had damsels and one big tomato clown) anyway one of his antics was: one day I was feeding the fish and instead of going up the glass as he usualy did he swam up sat on my clownfish then swam on to the food. my clown was thourly annoyed. very funny. fish can be weird. my old common clown when nutz when he saw the food container or even more so its lid seperately. he also jumped for food (more like bobbed for food). I love the antics of my fish.

andrew
2 winged demons
Laskey2
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.01.03(Mon)1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, they do sound cute. My angelfish does that bobbing thing. I've seen him once, about 1/3 out of the water, with his little mouth opened as big as he could get it, like a baby bird wanting food. He still thinks I'm going to give him a crushed snail, but I don't have snails anymore! He gets excited even if I'm cleaning the tank. Did you know that even little angel fishykisses can pinch a little? I was siphoning the gravel once, and felt a pinch, and thought, "What the...??" They do have pretty powerful little kissers.
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.03(Mon)1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I had a green spotted puffer in my 32(before I gave him away as he started chewing on some snails) I was cleaning and I accidentially got him trapped in the corner of the tank and he didn't like this. so he bit me. I hurt so much! at the gold coast at sea world I put my hand in the territory of some brooding damsels I got fought off and bitten. I think the problem with the seaworld agro damsels was that there all realy cocky and think there the strongest as when some one puts there hand in there territory eventually there hand leaves it so they think they just scared off a huge fish. lol fish are funny, as long as there not holding onto you Very Happy .

andrew
2 winged demons
Laskey
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.01.30(Sun)7:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's something super-cute...

The other night, I had to get something out of the "fish room" (formerly known as the dining room). With the ceiling light on, I couldn't resist peering into the tank briefly before exiting the room. Well, I have a very short and small shale construct in one corner of the tank, and I noticed a little gourami butt sticking out of it. I thought, "Oh my, he must be stuck!". I turned on the aquarium lights, ready for action, and then the little dwarf gourami backed up out and said hello. And seconds later, surprise of all surprises, my angelfish backed up out of the same tiny cave. Okay, maybe I need more plants, but the idea of them sleeping together in such a tiny spot really struck me as pretty darn cute. Laskey
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: