Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Sea World on the Gold Coast.
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.31(Fri)0:51    Post subject: Sea World on the Gold Coast. Reply with quote

well this chrissie me and my family went up to the gold coast(2 days driving) anyway while we were up there we went to sea world a aquarium/amusment park. it was really cool. there was a 4D cinema. where they showed this amazing show(4D is when a polar bear sneezes and you get sprayed with water.) other than the rides they had my favorite thing. the new Shark bay. which is basically a large outdoor tank. which is cut into a1/3 area and a 2/3 area. the larger area has a sandy bottom some large fish and several large tiger sharks. the smaller area is a false reef with some small sharks and some large rays and so many diffferent types of fish. damsels, triggers, tangs, angelfish, wrasses ect. my favorite thing about that area was that they had live anemones in it which clowns. they were brilliant specimins. amazing colours. also attached to the smaller area was a tidal pool type area, a touch things area. it was really cool because at that time the damsels were guarding there eggs. I was bitten by a solid black damsel and a lemon damsel. the lemon was really agro it fearlessly attacked me! the dolphin show was also an experience. one of the trainers rode one of the dolphins across there huge pond area like a surfboard. it was amazing. they also had a small area which they called "aquarium" which was an indoor area where you walked around and looked into tanks. they had some mushroom corals that I just wanted to steal they were so beautiful. I will post some pics asap.

cheers

andrew
2 winged demons
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.01.03(Mon)11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great, glad to it hear it was a good time. I wish they would advertise more of that kind of stuff instead of whale/dolphin shows in this area.

So why didn't you ask what they did with extra frags/corals.. =)

Can't wait for pictures.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: