Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
How do you take such wonderful pictures?
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LunarFlame
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.30(Thu)11:00    Post subject: How do you take such wonderful pictures? Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I have been browsing, and noticed the beautiful pictures you all have taken. How do you take such great pictures? What settings do you set your camera too? My pictures always end up blurry.. lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mogwai
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2004.12.30(Thu)12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Canon Powershot A75, set to Tv (shutter priority) mode, with the macro setting (the little flower) on. The problem with using autofocus a lot of the time is that the camera automatically focuses on the glass!
I try not to use flash whenever possible - putting a desk lamp or similar next to the tank works well but some of the little swines run away from the light!
Set the exposure time to something like 1/20 and the iso (film speed) depending on the light in the tank - high for low-light and low for high-light.
A good mode to use if everything's automatic is the 'running man' picture on the camera. Very Happy
Fox M
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.27(Wed)23:07    Post subject: perfect pics Reply with quote

hi to take a good pic I suggest a digital camera I use a kodak dx4330 3.1mega pixel digital camera on the flower setting which is for subjects closer than 70cm I have an auto focus but it is not a problem cause I use it up against the glass so it doesn't focus on it taking pics at night with the room lights off prevents any glare off the glass it takes some time for the fish to get used to a camera but with a digi you can take as many photos as you like and just keep the best ones it still takes patience but it is no prob if you enjoy watching your fishies Razz
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: