Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
How to splice a CO2 line and air line
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
number6
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.28(Tue)8:57    Post subject: How to splice a CO2 line and air line Reply with quote

I want CO2 and an air line to be spliced into one line. I use a power head to blast the bubbles down into the tank and with DIY CO2 I get very nice diffusion rate without any messing around. I would like to drop to one filter in the 60g tank. If I use a T connector, and put the air line into the T and point it up, the CO2 should flow into the tank and not up out the tube right?
CO2 being heavier than air, I need to think of it as a liquid right?

Thanks for the input.
Discus Man is gone... I remain... #6... I am not a number I am a free man!
rijac
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.28(Tue)11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

not quite sure I know what you are saying... if I understand correctly you want to pump both co2 and air into your tank? the air bubbles will disperse your co2.....
number6
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.28(Tue)11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

rijac wrote:
not quite sure I know what you are saying... if I understand correctly you want to pump both co2 and air into your tank? the air bubbles will disperse your co2.....
that's exactly what I am doing, and it works. The air does not displace the CO2, at least not enough for me to care.
With CO2 into a powerhead, the pH drops to 6.6, with an air line into another power head, the pH reads 6.8
With no CO2 the pH reads 7.6

So I am getting good diffusion of CO2, I simply don't want two powerheads any longer.
Wondering how I would go about splicing the line and stopping the CO2 from heading out the end of the air line.
Discus Man is gone... I remain... #6... I am not a number I am a free man!
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: