Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Cricketarium for Archer
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishboy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.22(Wed)19:32    Post subject: Cricketarium for Archer Reply with quote

Hey there! My friend bought me an archer fish as an early christmas present. He's (or she) is about 3 inches long right now. I plan on getting at least one more soon, but I have it in a 10 gallon now (brackish, of course.) Right now what I do is put crickets in a small rubbermaid container with quilt batting attached to the bottom so that when I flip the container over and set it on top of the 10 gallon, the crickets have something to hang on to. It works OK, and he's able to spit them down, but it's kind of awkward and clunky.

However, I have an empty 29 gallon that beckons to me. I plan on getting maybe 1 more archer and putting them in the 29. What I want to do is maybe only fill it up half or 3/4 full with water and leave the rest of the space for twigs and whatnot to put crickets on. My question is this: What is the best way to do this? Should I silicon sticks to some suction cups? Also, what's the best way to get the crickets onto the twigs?

I hope this is in the right forum! Thanks in advance!

~Evan
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.23(Thu)11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally speculating...but if you had a seperate container to hosue the crickets with a passageway such as a very large diameter air line tubing a cricket would occasionally crawl into it and end up in the tank. You could get large branchy pieces and have one stick leading right to the entrance to the cricket house.

BTw, if you haven't considered it already a mangrove tree or two trimmed would provide a nice look to the tank with its root system.
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: