Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Scary, sad fish news
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benedictj
Advisors

PostPosted: 2004.12.22(Wed)6:56    Post subject: Scary, sad fish news Reply with quote

Stumbled across this this morning. Very disturbing. I'm personally going to write a few senators and reps, I hope you all will do the same if you're in the US.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/12/21/potomac.fish.ap/index.html
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.22(Wed)10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff like this has been happening all the time. Has everyone forgotten about the deformed frog crisis already? Might be two different things, but the message is quite similar that we are definetly putting a mark on the world-whether its a good one or not.
dan
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.27(Mon)18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonamethefish wrote:
we are definetly putting a mark on the world-whether its a good one or not.

I'm going with not. Its a horrible shame that people are way too into their jumbo sized suvs, new techology and chemicals for convienence at any cost as long as its not out of their pocket. Unfortunately most of these environmental signs come to us long after the damage has been done.

Then we have people like Rush Limbaugh who preach to their zombies that global warming isnt happening, I actually heard him say that the world is so huge and massive that we are arogant to think we can really impact it or ruin it Mad un@%^#!believable.
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.27(Mon)21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...history repeating itself.

Remember what the pioneers thought of the bison and the prairies...of the passenger pigeons who darkened the skys and who's droppings fells like snow to the land below? Gone now-and we are much too small to do things like that Rolling Eyes
Dan H.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.27(Mon)22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad thing is, people are presented with the facts that we are very very close to going over the edge, but they won't even realize it until later and act like they were uninformed.
benedictj
Advisors

PostPosted: 2004.12.30(Thu)1:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I found it particularly ironic that attempts to limit our own reproduction is directly effecting the actual sex of another species.

But yes, I concur with everyone else about the denial of the simple truths about pollution and global warming. It seems that the further we go, the more we not only destroy nature, but also the rigorous standards of proof that were established by the true pioneers of science. For every legitimate scientific study nowadays, there are two not so legitimate studies designed simply as political rebuttals.
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.30(Thu)9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to that benedict. There is now being proven a link to low sperm count and estrogen from birth control pills in the water. Most drinking water comes from recycled sewage and a woman's body only uses about 20-25% of the hormone in the pill and the rest is excreted in the urine.
benedictj
Advisors

PostPosted: 2004.12.30(Thu)10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arg. Add on top of that the residual levels of sex drive destroying anti-deepresants now being found in water tables everywhere and you pretty much have the pre-cursor for the extiniction of man and beast.
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.30(Thu)14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm that might explain something. I think I'm going to get my husband to drink bottled like I do from now on.
dan
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.01(Sat)17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huntress wrote:
Hmmmm that might explain something. I think I'm going to get my husband to drink bottled like I do from now on.

Well since you brought it up Wink is that for the libido or the count? Laughing
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: