Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
reformed goldfish keeper
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
japodaca
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.12.22(Wed)4:51    Post subject: reformed goldfish keeper Reply with quote

I was one of those people that put 3 goldfish in a 4.5 gallon tank. I an so sorry. they (the pet store) told me that was fine. Now I have a 55G tank for the two that survived and they love it. even though they are fantails they spend all day swimming back and forth faster than I thought fantails could. I want to start incorporating plants, but I think I might have to wiat till the spring. I love my fish and I'm sooo happhy that they are spoiled rotten. please let me know if I'm not giving my babies optimum living space. since I am new I am still learning.

xoxoxo
happy new fish lady jen

and frida y sasha tambien
haname
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.22(Wed)13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure they love their new large home! They will also love any plants that you put in there, and will eat them right up Smile

If you can grow some duckweed in a separate tank, then put some in with the goldfish on a regular basis, they will really appreciate that. Other floating pond plants would be good to add regularly. I wouldn't put in any live plants in the 55 that you want for looks, as the goldies will eat most everything. There may be some aquatic plants that they will not bother, but I don't know what they are. You should also feed them zucchini and orange wedges if you aren't already. Cut the veggie/fruit into wedges and attach it to a rock with a rubber band.

~Haname
ACE
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.22(Wed)17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japodaca ,

Congrats on giving your goldies the much needed space they need.This space will bring out the intense colours these fish have to offer along with different personalities.Although there's space to add more goldfish , be careful to add the same species ( eg.ranchu , fantails , redcaped orandas) and not faster moving goldies like comets , koi , shubunkins).As for allowing plants in your aquaruim, you could try dwarf lilies, elodea , java fern , water sprite , amazon sword , vallisneria ( speaking from personal experience ) these worked for me as I did provide a various diet for these guys and they managed to stay away from some of the plants I had in there.Hope this helped , lets us know how it turns out !

ACE
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: