Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Can I strangle my housemate? Please?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cory
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.24(Mon)18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a huge argument like this with a couple of friends today who were insisting its not cruel to keep a goldfish in a little bowl because "they only have 3 second memories so they can't remember the bowl is so small and they die after a few months anyway" Duh, why do you think that is. They all thought it was hilarious that I got seriously pissed off but what annoyed me most was that they wouldn't listen to my knowledge and experience after telling me what was really true when it's something they know %&$# all about. Mad
Flurry
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.01.28(Fri)14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nephthys, haha, your husband kind of sounds like my dad. He's been bugging me for the longest time about my tank. A couple weeks ago, he asked me when I am planning on putting fish in it. I told him the tank was cycling and I didn't want to harm any fish in the process. Also, I didn't have a heater at the time. He asked me a few more times, until I finally got fed up, pulled up the article on fishless cycling here, and showed him an email I got from Tetra explaining the nitrogen cycle and how it takes 4 to 5 weeks for your tank to cycle. That shut him up, but every now and then, he have "disscussions" over live plants, fish, ect. Haha, you should have seen me. "If it was my tank, I'd add a few of these guys..." "Um, they need at least a 30 gallon tank." "Oh! Here's an algae eater." "Plecos get way too big for a 10 gallon, and are messy." "Look at the goldfish!" "Don't even think about it. One goldfish requires 20 gallons, and 10 more for each additional goldfish..."

It was great. Cool
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: