Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
I've Been Outsourced.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.07(Tue)22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irons, the very reason that many small towns are opposing the building of WalMart in their areas is due to the fact that they destroy more jobs than they create.
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.07(Tue)23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, this topic is getting too political for the scope of this board. Let me remind everyone that this is not an "American" board, it's an International board and for the reasons already evident in the posts so far in the topic we do not wish to see serious political, moral and religious discussions here unless they directly involve the fishkeeping hobby.

So anyone wishing to sympathize with Tara and discuss her personal case is welcome to continue...anyone interested in debating political, economical, immigration and foreign policies of the United States or any other particular country should look for a more appropriate message board on the internet.

BTW, Tara I'm very sorry hear about your job loss, but I do remember your posts at the time you left Petsmart and I'm sure that once again you'll be happily telling us about your great new job pretty soon...good luck!
Taratron
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2004.12.07(Tue)23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

After spending hours today searching for ANYONE who was hiring, I may have found a spot of luck---a girl I used to work with says her place is terribly understaffed for the holiday season and all, but the spot would be permanent, not seasonal. Bed Bath and Beyond, so it's retail, and according to her the place is unbelievably busy, but I can handle that!

Going in either tomorrow or Friday for an application....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.07(Tue)23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure all of us are saying "GOOD LUCK" so good luck taratron Very Happy !

andrew
2 winged demons
TheVillageIdiot
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.08(Wed)9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

tara,

something you could try is looking for an internship w/ the government. a lot of times they'll let you work part-time while you're getting your degree, and they'll offer you a full-time position when you graduate. A friend of mine (who was a business major) did that with the social security dept. It's not always the best paying job in the world, but the benefits are really good, and you'll be getting job experience. Give it a try. As a biology major, you'll want to look at water-treatment facilities and stuff like that. Maybe not the coolest job, but again, it's a job! Actually, I believe that the Dept. of Agriculture does have a fisheries dept, do you live near any streams or rivers? Smile You can find local government jobs in the phone book or search jobs @ www.usajobs.com ... and the dept. of agriculture has it's own website @ www.usda.gov

in fact, they have a name for what I'm talking about, it's called a Biological Science Student Trainee (code 0499). You may want to ask one of your professors if they know anything about it, or goto your schools job dept. (not exactly sure what it's called, but they usually help students find jobs locally).

hope this helps! good luck!

ps - To all the "immigrants" who have moved to america, welcome! This "immigrant's" family moved here in 1620! Smile God bless all of you! Very Happy
randomrambler
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.08(Wed)13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for my rude comments Sad

[EDIT: yet another political remark removed - MA]

BTW tara, good luck! I hope you get the job and that you are happy with it.
weejoy
Members

PostPosted: 2004.12.08(Wed)13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck to you. I hate to spout a cliche, but as they say, "one door closes another door opens". Smile
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: