Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
The beginning of the problem.
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.04(Sat)18:54    Post subject: The beginning of the problem. Reply with quote

Time passes so fast. I still remember the days when I only had one 46 gallon BF. Smile You can see this new restaurant rack that was set up around 1-2 months ago, 2 running tanks, 1 empty that may be running sooner or later Laughing and lots of sweater boxes and asst. rubbermaid tubs for fry growout. Some live food cultures(microworms and a critter keeper full of scuds) and a few carnivorous plants share the space but perhaps I may move them to the window sill so they can get more light... Wink A towel and a few rags for the occasional spill...and all kinds of jars and things for containing peat, growing live food, or temp holding containers. The killifish/bluespotted sunfish/whatever else you want, rack is ready for business!

SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.05(Sun)1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice setup. a mini breeding facility. lol it seems the aqua bug bit you badly and more than once!

cheers

andrew
2 winged demons
Darkblade48
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.05(Sun)1:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTS: an incurable, often fatal disease....for the wallet.

Very Happy I personally think I've contracted MTS myself, I'm snagging up aquariums from relatives who long gave up the hobby

By the way, nonamethefish, what are the dimensions of that stand? I'm curious, as I think I have a stand that looks exactly the same...*devious idea for setting up more tanks on the stand forms*
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.05(Sun)2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTS isn't as bad as MSTS(multiple saltwater tank symptom) which is terrible on the wallet. decent skimmer lr fish coral! anybody with freshwater mts isn't as bad as a person with saltwater version of mts!
2 winged demons
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.05(Sun)10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slackra: So true LOL I could be spending my moola on far more useless stuff though. I've been a bit of a quarter pincher lately since I know if I get just over 3 quarters by not buying random snacks that would be enough to get a random snack for the fish Laughing

Darkblade:Dunno what you mean by dimensions, but the 3 tanks are ten gallons. Perfect IMHO you just have to be careful that you don't prop them up accidentally on the sides. I have enough space to put small cans of fish food and whatnot in front of the tanks. This rack can take far more weight than what I'm putting on it right now. Theoretically I could remove 2 rungs and have this thing accomodate 6 tanks but that would make maintenance a pain for the uppermost levels. I picked up one ten gallon free from someone who's fish all keeled over but no smashing deals like some of you guys have gotten. Smile *envious*

I can't imagine what kind of wholes MTSTS must eat in your wallet... Shocked
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: