Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Taking digital photos
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.02(Thu)9:45    Post subject: Taking digital photos Reply with quote

OK I've posted this before, but the topic became outdated and the system removed it, so I have to ask again.

Can someone please please please give me some tips on taking digital photos of my fish??? Everyone has such gorgeous photos and I can take a picture of squat.
Puresouthern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.02(Thu)10:06    Post subject: Re: Taking digital photos Reply with quote

Huntress wrote:
OK I've posted this before, but the topic became outdated and the system removed it, so I have to ask again.

Can someone please please please give me some tips on taking digital photos of my fish??? Everyone has such gorgeous photos and I can take a picture of squat.

Huntress one of the best people to ask that is 2la, she can even help you further if you tell her what kind of camera you have. Very Happy
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.02(Thu)11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ask that is 2la, she can

2LA is a him.. =P

Dark room. Light on tank are on. Add off camera flash that is down and to the left or right pointed @ your subject. Use a board to black out everything around the tank so you can see it. DON"T use auto focus, esp on digital. Do a water change 50%+ with gravel cleaning the day before. Clean inside and outside glass. Look @ glass from bottom @ angle to make sure it is clean. Use higher F'Stop to increase your field of focus. Play with different shutter speeds for fun.

There was an article on this recently I read. In Aquirum fish magazine I think. Nov, Dec issue?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.02(Thu)11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

How in the world do you play with shutter speeds on a digital camera...Also how would I change the f stop? *sigh* I knew I was a dumbbutt, but this is rediculous.
Puresouthern
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.02(Thu)12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huntress wrote:
How in the world do you play with shutter speeds on a digital camera...Also how would I change the f stop? *sigh* I knew I was a dumbbutt, but this is rediculous.

With some you can't huntress, like mine. Thats why 2la was able to help so much by knowing what camera I had. Have you ever seen their pics?? I made a post very similar to yours a couple of weeks ago. Here it is and the responses. My pics arent perfect yet but they've gotten better.

http://tropicalresources.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8275
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.12.02(Thu)12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an olympus stylus 300. I just downloaded the reference manual, so I'm looking through it to see if I can do any of those things.

Thanks so much for that link
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: