Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
preventing coral turf wars
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
@-McP
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.11.26(Fri)9:31    Post subject: preventing coral turf wars Reply with quote

I was just wondering how you would go about preventing something like frogspawn or a torch coral from stinging the other inhabitants (shrooms, zooz other softies) I was thinking of planting them up higher and to the back of my tank with the softies and maybe a GSP more to the front. any suggestions?
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.11.26(Fri)11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried different stacks or spires of live rock to seperate them? It could be a real pain, but it might work for a while. Could make it easier to "trim".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
@-McP
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.11.26(Fri)22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got them yet. the tank is still in the design stage Smile I just don't want to lose a beautiful coral. I would be getting one or the other and was thinking of putting it on a "pedestal" in the middle part of the tank on it's own column of rock? I would get one or the other as well...
True_Queen
Members

PostPosted: 2004.12.30(Thu)21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do corals only grow on live rock? Sorry, I'm new at SW.
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.30(Thu)22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

corals grow on live rock but you usually have to buy them separetly (like a small colony on a small peice of live rock) then you put them into your tank and if they are fast replicating coral like zoos, mushrooms or green star polyp it will eventually spread onto your other live rock.

cheers

andrew
2 winged demons
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: