Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
The truth about aquahobby
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.11.18(Thu)17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcos Avila wrote:
Hey Kids, don't forget to put away all the toys and clean up the room when you finish playing, OK? Wink

Embarassed sorry boss... Embarassed
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.11.19(Fri)5:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. you have been burned man! lol good one marcos! what the devil is this thead about as I am too lazy to read it all and I am getting attacked by munchie and olive.

andrew
2 winged demons
puffer_lover
Members

PostPosted: 2004.11.19(Fri)5:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

see, and I thought aquahobby was just about the aquarium hobby and fish keeping in general

how wrong I was Wink
2 Pink Kissing Gouramis.
Cyradia
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.11.19(Fri)7:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great link. Cracked me up.

For those too lazy to read...they generated letters written on this site:

( Scott Pakin's automatic complaint-letter generator - http://www.pakin.org/complaint/ )

It's kind of like madlibs for the computer.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.11.19(Fri)9:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it too late. Laughing
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.11.19(Fri)18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy cow thats funny as hell! I get it now!

cheers

andrew
2 winged demons
tonysghs
Members

PostPosted: 2004.11.19(Fri)19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew the first one was made up since it said so at the bottom...but when every single post had exactly 3 paragraphs, it sure looked strange and abnormal...and the fact that they used words that would take hours to find in dictionarys and theasaruses. I really want to send one of those to my band director...hehehe
travis simonson
Members

PostPosted: 2004.11.21(Sun)9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, being freshly acquainted with this forum, I have to admit I momentarily accepted as credulous this reprehensible diatribe, in shocked surprise at the vague overweening intellectualism displayed by some of the posters with whom I've become familiar on other forums. Were these knaves simply playing at being 'everyday joes' on the other forums while secretely venting their cerebral opinionism here at AquaHobby? I was stunned by their seeming eloquence and audacious granduer. My first suspicion was that there was some sort of monstrous abuse of www.thesaurus.com going on in this thread and that I had become a secret party to a discussion that left my abilities of comprehension in the wain. Then I noticed a similarity to the posts, and a noted penchant for quoting Jazz Era pundits. "Is this some sort of esoteric gest?" I ruminated. "If so, I am obviously on the outside." Belatedly, I went back to reread the thread and noticed the seemingly innocuous link to the 'Complaint Generator' at the end of the first post. "I've been had by this bunch of pernicious rapscallions!" escaped my mouth Razz
Sakura
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.11.28(Sun)14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be risking my life by telling you this, but name-calling and a general lack of respect for the opinions of others are a clear indication of insecurity. To address this in a pedantic manner, in the rest of this letter, factual information will be prefaced as such and my own opinions will be clearly stated as opinions. For instance, it is a fact that we've all heard Sakura yammer and whine about how she's being scapegoated again, the poor dear. The two things I just mentioned -- the way that stolid, abusive diabolism is one of the most effective tools of tyranny and the fact that under the guise of "fighting jingoism," she will inculcate obscene sophistries -- may sound like they're completely unrelated, but they're not. The common link is that the question that's on everyone's mind these days is, "What is her secret agenda?" Before you answer, let me point out that it's violent for her to censor any incomplicitous ploys. Or perhaps I should say, it's contumelious.

Sakura has stated that cultural tradition has never contributed a single thing to the advancement of knowledge or understanding. That's just pure phallocentrism. Well, in Sakura's case, it might be pure ignorance, seeing that Sakura's imprecations represent a backward step of hundreds of years, a backward step into a chasm with no bottom save the endless darkness of death. To those few who disagree with some of the things I've written, I ask for your tolerance. For the purpose of this discussion, let's say that I, for one, do not find shell games that are caustic, brainless, and loathsome to be "funny". Maybe I lack a sense of humor, but maybe Sakura is addicted to the feeling of power, to the idea of controlling people. Sadly, she has no real concern for the welfare or the destiny of the people she desires to lead. By the way, it is pointless to fret about the damage already caused by her pathological, simple-minded perceptions. The past cannot be changed. We must cope with the present if we hope to affect our future and take away as many of her opportunities for mischief as possible.

One may very well question whether Sakura can't control her desire to have everything she wants and to have it now. Still, most people will eventually be convinced that I want to stop defending the hypersensitive, frightful status quo and, instead, implement a bold, new agenda for change. I want to do this not because I need to tack another line onto my r
FishyMitch
Members

PostPosted: 2004.12.14(Tue)13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG if you don't like aquahobby don't visit it!

God! if you complain about something people will listen, it doesn't mean they will care or share the same views about aquahobby as you do.
I can't believe it takes a 14 year old to tell you THAT.

Your just being a silly little baby Exclamation
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to: