Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Stupid, fatal error :-(
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tetralover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.11.24(Wed)18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I thought I was the only one! I bought a bristle nose, floated the bag, dipped tank water in the bag every few minutest etc. I was just taking very good care to make sure everything would be OK. Well when it was time to go into his new home he had his little sucker mouth on the bag. My hubby and I tried and tried to get him to release his grasp and finally were able to do so (the stress was kicking in about now). He was half way in the net and I thought get him in the tank BEFORE he suckers the bag again. I lift the net out of the bag, he flips himself right out of the net and lands on the top of the aquarium! I thought for sure he would die, but seems to be OK and it's been two weeks! I still feel bad about this!
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.11.30(Tue)3:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh, my poor Silver-Tips were pretty jinxed. Another stupid, fatal error, just this time not mine:

Last weekend I decided to make some drastic changes in my 60 L aquarium which is now going through a transformation process into a 30 L paludarium (filled half-way up). I thought the 8 Silver-Tips were too much for the new configuration, and decided to return 6 of them to the LFS, keeping only a little couple. So I go to the shop, turn in the bag with the 6 fish, and take home a beautiful little female Apistogramma nijsseni to replace them. The shop guy really admired the Silver-Tips...after all they were 1 year old, big, fat, and showing great colors even inside the bag.

Well then, 3 days later I stop by the shop again, and as I'm coming in I see the guy flying out from behind the counter over to a tank near the entrance, fetching a bag and then zooming back to behind the counter, noisily tripping and kicking everything along the way. It took me less than a second to figure out what was going on...he simply FORGOT and left the bag with the Silver-Tips floating in that tank for 3 days!!!

I called him out and he very shyly (as japanese are) admitted it was them indeed, begging for forgiveness. How sad...it was really heartbreaking...good thing I didn't even see the bag Crying or Very sad

Now the comedic part of the tragedy: I took a deep breath and prepared to tell him not to worry, after all he's a good guy and didn't do it on purpose. But with my extremely broken Japanese, instead of saying shimpaishimasen (don't worry) I said shimpaishimashoo (let's worry!) Smile which I only noticed after leaving the shop. THe poor guy must be thinking I'm furious with him and will never go back there...
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.11.30(Tue)21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcos: Heh....thats almost the same way I murdered those bluefin(cept in a yogurt tub not a bag). At least I'm not alone.

Keep us updated on the paludarium! I've toyed with the idea a lot but never actually tried doing one.

Also, on a note of languages...its amusing in a kind of derisive way what some people do when they find out I know Chinese(usually after "Chinese Japanese, same thing")

"Ching Chong-Whutchee wee Wong NJong..."

What did I say? ' Rolling Eyes
Taratron
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2004.12.01(Wed)14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know "dog" in Japanese! Smile

......yes, that's all I know. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: