Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Need some help
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gloryboy
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.10.31(Sun)7:49    Post subject: Need some help Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I've been reading the site and forums for about a month now, and I'm just purchased a new 30 gallon tank. But I can't decide, I love the look of hte electric Yellow Labido, but I also like Neon tetras. From what I've been reading I probably can't keep these guys together. any comments on what I can get? I'm going for colorful, I gotta cycle the tank anyway but I'm trying to prepare myself. lol

Next the tank came with a Aquaclear power filter 200, and I have already a airstone small air-pump which is hooked up too a treasure chest that bubbles come out of, haha anyway, I'm not too keen on having live plants, and I was wondering if I have a community tank, or Cichlid tank, can I use sand at the bottom, because I love the look, I think I mite have problems with pH levels if I have no live plants tho Confused . Any imput would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Shawn
Gloryboy
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.10.31(Sun)7:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah I forgot too ask, will I need a cleanup crew?, is there some kind of shrimp or sumthing I could get, or I thought maybe a pleco, but I'm not sure, again any help greatly appreciated!
IndianEnvasion
Members

PostPosted: 2004.11.10(Wed)11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this may be old but I think you should stay away from ciclids I had 6 in a 30 gal and that was pretty much all I could put in! now that I have sold/traded my fish I'm going with a community fish tank - it just gives you a lot more options with diffrent kind of fish
AIM NasirOutaControl
Hellclan
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.11.11(Thu)9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't be afraid fo plants
as for a clean up crew get a snail there really handy adn cut down on the work
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: