Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
How flattering :-)
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.10.26(Tue)7:42    Post subject: How flattering :-) Reply with quote

Got this e-mail today. I was very happy and proud of the new design but never thought someone would actually want to use it. Obviously I said it was OK...

Quote:
Hello. I am a frequent visitor of this website and I am also an amateur webmaster myself. I am very fond of the layout that you use for this website and was wondering if you would mind if I used it as inspiration for one of my own personal sites. In no way will the intended site bring me any money. I have made a layout from scratch using photoshop (attached image) that I wanted to show you and ask permission before I used it. Please let me know how you feel about the matter. Thank you for your time.

Attachment(1):
Original filename(1):[url=http://www.aquahobby.com/submit/temp/file417d398488b8c_the%20crabitat%20layout%201%20(wip).jpg]the crabitat layout 1 (wip)[/url]

haname
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.10.26(Tue)12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the crabitat guy that the color scheme and layout of AoA is very pleasant. Nice and easy on the eyes, easy to navigate... It's well done, Marcos.

I love this site. Smile

~Haname
NOAH
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.10.26(Tue)12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

amen. other sites are not as easy to navigate as this one.
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.11.04(Thu)1:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is flatering, I would like to see that site once its up and running. good name too, and good crab names. ahh zoidberg is their no finer name. do you know what the name of the website is or how I could get to it? anyway...

cheers

andrew
2 winged demons
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.11.06(Sat)19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one!!! Looks like we're on a roll here Laughing

Quote:
First of all, I love your site. The information has proven to be invaluable in my quest to take up fishkeeping as a hobby. I am starting up a website for my computer class about Betta fish, and I was hoping to model my site after yours. I have attached a picture of the layout of the site so far. Of course, in return, I would be glad to put a link to your site on mine. Please let me know what you think.

Attachment(1):
Original filename(1): Betta Layout3.jpg

SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.11.09(Tue)3:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

now we need one more for a hattrick! marcos you got a great sit and that prooves it!

cheers

andrew
2 winged demons
Doosharm
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.16(Thu)13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I just now found this message. The crabitat site is mine. Unfortunately with a heavy course load at school I haven't been able to work on it too much. I'm trying to get my personal site fixed up before I move on to the Crabitat site.

I just love they layout of this site so much. It was nice before, easy to navigate and all but it didn't "pop" as much. The new colors and layout changes have imporved the site so much. Now the site reflects the beauty of the plants and fish that it represents.

Slackra, thanks for the kind words. I'll send you a PM once I get the site up and running. I'll tell Zoidberg that you like his name Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: