Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Which Metal Halide Fixture is Best?
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cleveboi
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.10.22(Fri)1:02    Post subject: Which Metal Halide Fixture is Best? Reply with quote

I have a 46 gallon bow front aquarium. I have a frogspawn, torch, alveopora, brain, leather, caulestria, sun polyps, green star polyps, and various mushrooms. I would like to get a clam and even a porite coral.

There are three light fixtures I'm looking at and would love some advice on which is the best buy and most beneficial to my situation!

The first is a 36" 1x250W Metal Halide and 2x65W Actinic 03 power compacts. This unit is $699.00

The second is 1x175W Metal Halide and 2x65W Actinic 03 power compact flourescent. This unit is $659.00

The third I was lookin at was a 1x150W 10,000K HQI Metal Halide and 2x96W True Actinic 03. This unit also includes two moon lights. This unit is $429.00.

HELP!!! =o)
T5Chris
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.11.08(Mon)1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one for 659$ isn't worth it. I would probably get the cheapest one, 150W should be good enough for the 46gallon. And your coral will benefit a lot from the 2 x96W actinic.

It's pretty common for reefkeepers to maintain about a 50 daylight/50 actinic ratio.
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: