Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
A Weird Cleaner Shrimp
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike612
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.10.16(Sat)16:25    Post subject: A Weird Cleaner Shrimp Reply with quote

I started off with two cleaner shrimps about two years ago. The night I got them, they got into a fight when the lights turned off and one of them got killed. Since then, the other one got killed about a year ago. One of my fish must of been strong and swooshed a rock or something because he was found under a rock when I got home. Now I only got another shrimp about two weeks ago since the one from last year. The one from a year ago was so good. He used to clean the fish, eat whatever food I put into the tank and he would just come out when the lights were on. The one I have now does not come out often when the lights are on, he does not clean the fish and he does not go after the food I drop in. Instead, he chooses to climb the walls of my tank and eat the algae off it. Is this normal for a shrimp? I know they are normally nocturnal and hunt for food at night so I can understand that he does not being able to see him during the day but is it really normal for him not to do his normal duties of cleaning the fish and choosing to eat the algae?
michy
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.10.21(Thu)15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things to consider:

*I might by another speice you got now, than the one you had a year ago..
(even if look alike)..
*It might take up to 2 weeks (but normaly 1-4 days) before it feels
"at home", and secure...
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: