Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Adding shells?
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphingirl
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.10.12(Tue)10:59    Post subject: Adding shells? Reply with quote

I have found some shells at the beach. How would I introduce them into my saltwater aquarium? Thanks
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.10.15(Fri)3:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I add rocks to my aquariums I boil them for three minutes but I don't know if that would work for shells. experiment with one and see if it dosen't break while being boiled. oh ya make sure theirs nothing in them Very Happy !

cheers

andrew
2 winged demons
SMOOLIES
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.11.17(Wed)14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always just stayed on the safe side and not added anything I picked up off the beach there could anything on there. Although I guess if you boil it first you'd kill most anything but you never know Shocked
You could always go to the lfs and get some different snails a lot of times you can find some with pretty neat shells. I love my bubble bee snails. I got 2 of them about 3 years ago and I still see them everynight. such cute little guys! The turbo snails can get pretty big shells and look neat when the coraline starts to grow on them. Very Happy
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: