Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Tank to pond...
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danno
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.09.15(Wed)6:02    Post subject: Tank to pond... Reply with quote

Hi there!
I currently have a smallish pond with approx 10-15 koi and goldfish and am looking to add just one more that has been living in just a bowl at a friends. Will this addition be alright with the other fish or will he get picked on? And do I need to do anything else to acclimatize him or can he just go straight in?

Cheers!

Dan
Berry
Members

PostPosted: 2004.09.18(Sat)4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big is your pond?......Yes if you take the little guy home in a bag you will need to float it on the waters seface for about 30 mins Smile
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.09.18(Sat)20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may need to think about enlarging your pond. Koi need several thousand gallons of space and a pretty deep pond to live in.
Olivia4444
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.12.09(Thu)0:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I've been following this topic because I wanted to do the same thing. I want to put a four goldfish in a pond which definitely is the right size (it
rijac
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.09(Thu)13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many gallons is the pond volume, what kind of filtration does it have and what kind of goldfish (they are all different adult sizes) do you want to put in there? there isn't enough information to answer the question...
Olivia4444
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.12.10(Fri)1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the pond, I have no idea how many litres(or gallons!) but it goes about a metre deep(a little bit less) and is 3x3metres (roughly). It has five goldfish in there that are pretty much the same size as mine(10 cm).The gold fish are mainly commets and sarsa commets and shubunkins so all the same adult size I suppose(In the pond and tank). The pond has filteration...all I know is that it comes out in a water fall! It had some plants and a few rocks. I'll try to give you more info if you ask for it (well, I'll do my best anyway!) Very Happy
Thanks heaps!
rijac
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.12.11(Sat)11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats about 9000 liters by my calculations... think you can safely put 4 goldies in there assuming that 'pond' is filtered correctly...
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: