Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Best of the Boards Forum
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LBC
Members

PostPosted: 2004.11.10(Wed)21:57    Post subject: Best of the Boards Forum Reply with quote

I really think the best of the board threads should be open to others to post in. Many of the subjects are just touched on and in some cases left open-ended. What is the criteria for moving a thread to this forum? Does it have to be dead in the water for a certain period of time?

It makes little sense to start a new thread, in a different forum with a link to the specific thread or topic just to ask a question or make a statement.

A perfect example is this thread here

http://www.aquahobby.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=5978

Is this conversation over because it was moved or because the participants, not including me as a future participant, no longer wished to discuss the topic? I'd fo sho would like to pipe in on this subject, but how? Keep in mind I don't know what year the thread was created, but the beauty of a forum such as this is we can look back at the record and expand on subjects of the past.
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.11.10(Wed)22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

The topics in the Best of the Board are just a sampling of some older topics we chose to set apart and leave as examples to be followed...THOSE are the types of discussions we'd like to see as much as possible on this board. New topics haven't been moved there for quite a while, which doesn't mean at all that none of them deserve it, just that we haven't felt the need to add them.

You should think of the topics there as multi-author articles that are on display. Allowing people to continue posting in them would be like allowing people to touch artwork in an exhibition Wink

It makes perfect sense to open a topic to discuss something you read in the BoB forum, just as with any other source of the site such as the Articles section, the Galleries, etc. In fact, if you do a search for keywords related to those topics here on the board I'm sure you'll find several have already been opened, and you can easily continue in one of those if you don't want to open a new one...
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: