Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
battery pumps
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TetraKeeper808
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.03.23(Sun)17:19    Post subject: battery pumps Reply with quote

I have found that it is very expensive to get elctricity to the pond site so I was wondering if there was such a thing as a pond pump that ran on batteries and if so where can I get one. thanks
Skysong
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.03.23(Sun)17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never heard of them, I will look for them and ask my LFS owner.
wormo3188
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.03.23(Sun)22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they make them, don't buy it.

Why would you trouble yourself with changing batteries, risking them corroding underwater, dieing on you. etc.

If you don't feel like spending the money to run electricity out to an outdoor pond then you have not really looked at the possibilities, You can run a cable out your pond pretty easily, you could just run a basic outdoor extension cord to your pond and go from there, or you can just do the same thing and bury it in the ground with a PVC pipe, they make outdoor surge protectors with extra sockets that plug into a normal extension cord that would be a pretty cheap alternative to hiring a professional to run electricity out to a pond. But If I were you I would spring for the extra money, electricity is one thing you don't want done shotty. You can have all types of problems with shotty electronics, so I suggest just get it done right the first time and forget about it.
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: