Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Restocking the Angelfish Tank
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyradia
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.03.23(Sun)12:05    Post subject: Restocking the Angelfish Tank Reply with quote

Well, I've started restocking my tanks after I lost all my fish in the ice storm. In my 75 gallon I've started with another batch of young angels. I went heavy on the blacks, since I'm so partial to them. I ordered 3 double darks and 2 streaked blacks...7 black fish arrived so I'm not sure yet which are double darks and which are streaks. I also got 3 gold angelfish that are the most white (not golden) angelfish I've seen. Then there are two kois. Then for variety, have a wild angelfish and a silver-type with a half-black gene. The breeder said the half-black wouldn't turn because this was a first generation out-cross, but I think the thickness of his black stripe is still handsome.

One of the doubledarks.

Gold

Koi

Half-black Silver

Wild Silver

For those of you that don't think looking at pictures of dead fish is gross...you can check out pictures of the deceased here:

http://jyken.com/Fish/pastfish/

Some people think I'm a bizarre person for taking pictures of dead fish, but I'm enough of a scientist that I wanted final length measurements and to snap photos of them for record keeping.
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2003.03.23(Sun)13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyradia, they're all gorgeous fish, but I think I like the Koi the best. Did you order them from the same place?
Skysong
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.03.23(Sun)13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.....makes me want to keep angels. Crying or Very sad I only have a 29, though, and that's taking all my money. Very Happy I especially like the koi angels. So pretty.... Smile
Cyradia
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.03.23(Sun)14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did. I've always been pleased with the stock I've received from this place. If you're ever interested in ordering, feel free to PM me and I'll give you the full account of my experiences. I think this breeder is really trying to specialize in koi. Three of the angelfish I lost in the ice storm were his koi...my GOD were those gorgeous fish. Just the shape of the fish alone made them stand out...the vibrant orange color was just icing on the cake.

There are some more new koi shots (both sides of both of my new ones, actually) here:

http://jyken.com/Fish/angelfish

One of the reasons I always order from that place is because of the fin shape on the angels. I don't like the droopy veil tail look, and his always have a lot of straight, clean fin, non-droopy, and really vertical body shape. The half-black has that same long body shape, the picture above is just him in motion.

Here are two of the koi I lost in the ice storm right when they were pairing age (both male...my third was a female and the male on the bottom here was her mate):

Benefactors

PostPosted: 2003.03.23(Sun)15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm sorry for your loss. Crying or Very sad They really were beautiful. I don't know what I'd do if I lost power for long. This winter was just nasty! Thank goodness Spring is here, cause I've had it with driving the kids to school when it's 4 degrees outside!

I'm going to buy some more angels in a couple of months for my 55... so I'll probably PM you about it then. Thanks!

Congrats on the new fish! Very Happy
Brobro
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.03.23(Sun)19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

great fish. my favorite is the koi. sorry about the loss

Jane
fishboy
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.03.23(Sun)19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty Angelfish! It's terrible you had to lose all the other ones though! They were very beautiful Smile
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.03.23(Sun)19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww.........poor kribbies Sad

If you havent disposed of the body...this was pretty interesting......http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/literature/norfolk_failures.html

The newcomesr are just as good as the old ones, maybe even better!
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: