Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
goldfish nipping other goldfish
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piranha
Members

PostPosted: 2004.08.19(Thu)20:18    Post subject: goldfish nipping other goldfish Reply with quote

I have 4 pretty large goldfish in a 30 gallon. One is a shibunkin, two are long lace-tailed.The one doing the fin nipping is short-finned,large-bodied and is mostly white in color.They are well fed twice a day.No plants in the tank.One of the long-tailed fish now has an open wound.Why has this fish become so viscious?
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.08.19(Thu)22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 30g is a bit cramped for 4 fancy goldies. He's probably become territorial. Carp do that.
ACE
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.08.21(Sat)15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piranha ,

It seems you have two types of goldfish in your aquarium that don't really match up together to well.Fancy goldfish ( fantails , lionheads ,ryukins ) are slow paced fish and can' really keep up with fast paced fish ( comets , shubunkins).A 30 gallon , sorry to say is a little short for space for the faster guys in the tank , but OK for now for the slower ones.

ACE
anonapersona
Advisors

PostPosted: 2004.08.21(Sat)18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is doing that because he thinks that if he kills that one fish, then the tank will have more room for the rest of them.

Is there a pleco in this tank?
piranha
Members

PostPosted: 2004.09.08(Wed)17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a while since my last post but I didn't mention that this was a temporary place for the goldies.They were going back into the pond.They were inside for the winter because they were a bit small and didn't think they would survive our severe winter here. Thanks for all replies-- Piranha Smile
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.09.08(Wed)20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were inside for the winter all the way until August? Do we look that naive?
piranha
Members

PostPosted: 2004.09.09(Thu)17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I can't see what you look like but the person in the globe looks like a sweet lady. Just kidding. Due to an overabundance of felines in the neighborhood I thought it might be best that I got them in the tank until I could install a protective cover on the pond.Running your own business is quite time consuming as well.Check my spelling.
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.09.09(Thu)19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I won't rise to your obvious bait considering that last comment was from a private message that I had sent you in reply to a nasty PM you had sent me, but apparently you chose to share with the class. Smile

Next time when you have a question it's always best to give us all relavent information, so that the people here can make informed suggestions and advice. Otherwise we're just grabbing at straws and it gets extremely frustrating when trying to get info, so we can help you, is like going to the dentist and pulling teeth. In general to all it's best to give all known information no matter how small.
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: