Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
DIY CO2 milky problem
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolong
Members

PostPosted: 2004.08.05(Thu)7:14    Post subject: DIY CO2 milky problem Reply with quote

ME a rookie have a DIY CO2 setup and its turning my water murky... A thin film formed on the leaves of plants... Any ideas what went wrong?
anonapersona
Advisors

PostPosted: 2004.08.05(Thu)8:03    Post subject: Shaken, not stirred? Reply with quote

I'll make a wild guess that you shook the bottle and got yeast in the line. Or the bottle has foamed up witht he same result.

If so, you need to do a water change. Also, wash the lines well.

I suggest using a bubble counter/scurbber to keep yeast out of the line, No need to shake the bottle, I don't even stir. And leave 3 or 4" of space between the water line and the line leaving the generator so foam does not get into the lines.
PinoyDiscus
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.12.14(Tue)19:53    Post subject: Re: DIY CO2 milky problem Reply with quote

wolong wrote:
ME a rookie have a DIY CO2 setup and its turning my water murky... A thin film formed on the leaves of plants... Any ideas what went wrong?

Or you can use a gas separator. Run your airline into an empty smaller bottle and run another line out to your diffuser/reactor. This helps prevent yeast foam from getting into your aquarium.
Laskey
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2004.12.17(Fri)14:20    Post subject: Re: Shaken, not stirred? Reply with quote

anonapersona wrote:

If so, you need to do a water change. Also, wash the lines well.

How serious is that? I had a mishap with my new DIY CO2 this morning and some yeast foam splashed into the aquarium. I did an 85% water change. Should I do more? Thanks. Laskey
anonapersona
Advisors

PostPosted: 2004.12.20(Mon)21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read about some people who get it all out with a large water change and no further problems, othertimes they get weird goo growing on everything and need to remove a scrub everything. so, you may need to do more, it just depends on how bad the spill was.
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: