Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
What type of glass?
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gambit

PostPosted: 2003.03.21(Fri)18:14    Post subject: What type of glass? Reply with quote

Hey I plan on making my own tank but I need to know what type of glass I use! Like can I use plexi glass 1/2inch thick or a diffrent type og glass? And would I beable to buy it at like a homedepot or hardware store?
Danco
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.05.01(Thu)7:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also did some reserch on making my own tank. glass and acrilic and found out its just not worth it money wise and reliability wise. for home use if your making non-show tanks use 3/4 plywood high temperd glass and fiberglass or just buy a heavy duty plastic tub its cheaper. at a commercail fishing outlet like the ones they use to store lobsters in.
I hope I havent discouraged you to much they say the glass is the cheapest part of a set up and its true walmart ten gal tk 8.99 heater for it 14.99 filter 14.99 lights etc.
good luck
dan
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.05.01(Thu)20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.duboisi.com/diy/BNdiytank/bndiytank.htm
Here is a good link for plastic tanks
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: