Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
koi sucked up by pump
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redearsrock
Members

PostPosted: 2004.06.20(Sun)20:55    Post subject: koi sucked up by pump Reply with quote

I have a 400g pond and a 2400 gph pump, the pump has a hose that cannects to a filter. I just put a new 4 inch koi in there and as I was admiring the pond the waterfall practically died, with barely a trickle. I unplugged it and went down to the pump, the koi was stuck in the inch wide intake tube I pulled it out and its been swimming around fine. do you think its been hurt at all? and how do I check?
Sahara22588
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.06.22(Tue)13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your koi is swimming weird, or is missing scales, you might want to take him out and give him a quick check. Missing scales can lead to fungal infections, which can lead to dead fish. If he's floating at the top, or can't control which direction he's swimming, he might've damaged his swim bladder. Is he the only fish in there? You might want to get him a few friends if he's all alone and he might swim around more as opposed to just drifting into the filter (lol). Hope this helped!

Byez!! Very Happy
Batman
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.06.28(Mon)19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it isn't running into things and floating around or sitting at the bottom, I would guess that its OK because Koi are very hardyfish. One suggestion: try bigger fish.
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: