Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Looking for Suggestion on my new tank
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkni9ht
Members

PostPosted: 2004.05.13(Thu)0:31    Post subject: Looking for Suggestion on my new tank Reply with quote

The tank is a 33G. Its bout a week ago. Powered by 2 FluVal 304, 1 Hagen 802 powerhead, and Lee's Biological Filtration. I got 7 gold fishes in there. I'm not sure if this set up is good. On one of the fluval 304 I running peat granular and on the other I got Ammonia Remover. Any Suggestion ?
1 Ranchi, 3 Shibunkin, 2 lionhead, and 1 butterflymoor.

Here a pic of it.

http://www.a3.ca/picture/fish/DCP_1667
Guppylover
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.05.13(Thu)4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you could start to add some plants, umm well I read once goldfish love eating plants so it's good to get plastic plants... but in my opinion it's better to get real ones. So good coldwater plants and goldfish plants are Ceratophyllum demersum, Egeria densa, Ludwigia repens, Vallisneria spiralis and Vallisneria tortifolia. Very Happy
I find it are really nice big tank, great for goldfish!
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.05.17(Mon)9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually 7 goldies while small are too many for such a small tank. The ones you have get to be about 8" around and are tremendous waste producers no matter what the filtration you have and the waterchange schedule you have. I would keep only 3-4 goldies in a 33g tank.

Good plants for goldies are hardy plants like swords and anacharis. Also duckweed is a wonderful plant since goldies love to eat it and it multiplies rapidly.

HTH
darkni9ht
Members

PostPosted: 2004.05.21(Fri)0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huntress wrote:
Actually 7 goldies while small are too many for such a small tank. The ones you have get to be about 8" around and are tremendous waste producers no matter what the filtration you have and the waterchange schedule you have. I would keep only 3-4 goldies in a 33g tank.

Good plants for goldies are hardy plants like swords and anacharis. Also duckweed is a wonderful plant since goldies love to eat it and it multiplies rapidly.

HTH

this might help a bit