Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
alkalinity and lighting question
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvr16
Members

PostPosted: 2004.04.28(Wed)20:42    Post subject: alkalinity and lighting question Reply with quote

what alkalinity should I maintain in the reef aquarium currently I have about 4.5 also wich is better to have combination wise. 96 watt acintic with a 10000 k ultra daylight or a 96 watt acintic with a 50/50 or 6500k daylight bulb with the later of the two more color comes out and everything looks 10X better but wich is better for the corals
Agent Smith
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.05.03(Mon)18:04    Post subject: Re: alkalinity and lighting question Reply with quote

dvr16 wrote:
what alkalinity should I maintain in the reef aquarium currently I have about 4.5

4.5 what? meq/l? degrees? usualy 2.5 to 3 meq/l (I think like 12 degrees?) is a good goal.

Quote:
also wich is better to have combination wise. 96 watt acintic with a 10000 k ultra daylight or a 96 watt acintic with a 50/50 or 6500k daylight bulb with the later of the two more color comes out and everything looks 10X better but wich is better for the corals

the first combo would probably look the best. the 2nd probably wouldnt deliver enough light and would be over poweringly blue. 6700 Ks are preaty comparable to most 10000ks, although the 10kks are a cleaner white.
dvr16
Members

PostPosted: 2004.05.04(Tue)15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry its 4.5 meq/l
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.05.05(Wed)6:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tester test in DKH 9-12 is the best range with the pH 8.2-8.4
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: