Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
trying to identify new stuff....
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sccowboy
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.04.02(Fri)3:57    Post subject: trying to identify new stuff.... Reply with quote

I have a new piece of live rock that I added a couple of weeks ago. Really cool colors and apparenty loaded with life. Now I am trying to figure out what in the world all the stuff is. Any suggestions for a site with pics of algae, polyps and such. I have some sort of stuff that resembles a anemone but very small. I don't think it's Aiptasia. There is lots of other stuff, including three crabs that hitchhiked in. Thanks for your help.
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.05.05(Wed)4:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a pretty good hitchiker page and it has links in it to other pages such as alges and info on some other hitchikers

http://www.reefs.org/hhfaq/
Vanna
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.09.25(Sat)11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, I got a crab in my newly purchased Live Rock, it has been 5 days since adding it and the little fella has not come out yet.

Getting a bit concerned.

What do your crabs look like, (as mine is in a hole, it is difficult to see it) mine is almost black/blue/purple with white bands on leg joints, can't really see the body, basically all I can see is the little pincher arm when it picks "food" off the live rock.

Like to know the name of this species??
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: