Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Getting to know you ???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshA.
Members

PostPosted: 2004.03.31(Wed)23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Josh Artrip

Nationality: United States, Michigan

Occupation College student/slave Smile

Religion: preffer to keep that to myself... Sorry Wink

Hobbies: Cooking, Models, Fish, surfing the web, CAD, cars, friends, movies(good ones), Music, Computer wallpapers (I have over 7,000 wallpaper
quality pics... Name it, I probably have a picture of it!! Very Happy lol)

I like: Linkin park, Rally racing, Muscle cars, imports, my JD .

I dislike: people who drive retarded, when people talk about something they obviously know nothing about

Most embarrassing moment: Falling down the stairs in the commons at school, during luchtime... Embarassed

Best quote: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
-- Gandalf,
J.R.R. Tolkien,
Fellowship of the Ring, Second chapter,
"The Shadow of the Past",
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BelfiCat
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.04.03(Sat)14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Mariam
Nationality: Persian
Religion: That's private!
Hobbies: Karate (blue belt!), keyboard, reading
I like: things that are different but not too over the top
I disslike: Money! money is the root to all evil, though I don't mind having it
Most embarrassing moment: I was drinking my drink, someone says a joke, guess the rest!
Best TV-shows: Eastenders, Friends, The Simpsons
Best quote: from a book (more of a poem really) " people die... beauty fades... love changes... and you will always be alone". and also "how can a bird that is meant for joy, sit in a cage and sing?"
Favourite saying: 'I am nobody, nobody's perfect, therefore I'm perfect' and 'there are three types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't!'
sirreal63
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.04.04(Sun)20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Jack
Marital Status: Single and loving it!!!
Nationality: Texas transplant to St Louis. (what was I thinking, I miss Austin)
Religion: I go to the church of Jack...I go everyday.
Hobbies: Car shows, (showing my own) Fish, Woodworking and chasing single Ladies.
I like: A fabulous dinner with a Lady who enjoys good conversation, excellent cuisine and knows how to be a Lady.
I dislike: Rude people, phoney people and shallow people...other than that I am very easy to please. Laughing

I started my first freshwater tank in Dec. of 2003 and am now up to 3, with my eye on a 125 gallon. This is an addiction, and I am an addict. I am not sure who will win out this summer...the Firebird or the aquariums. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Taratron
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2004.04.05(Mon)1:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Tara(tron) Launders

Nationality: Mixbreed. Mostly human.

Occupation: Several. Writer, zoo employee, hotel reservation agent.

Religion: I'm spiritual myself.

Hobbies: Marine biology, my fish tanks, snakes and all general herps, Discworld novels, Legacy of Kain games, watching Family Guy and Transformers, writing.

I like: working at the zoo, having enough animals to keep happy and be happy with, modern art, old art, intelligence.

I dislike: idiots. That covers the gamut of "Why can't we feed the monkeys Oreo cookies?" to "What do you MEAN Vegas is booked on Valentine's Day?".

Most embarrassing moment: Most recently...trying to catch a runaway parrot at the zoo, having to use a boat to get to the island it had swam to, and everyone realizing at once that I had -not a damn clue- how to get in the boat, steer the boat, keep it from turning over, or prevention from soaking myself. Not to mention on the WAY to the boat I tripped and ate dirt.

Best quotes:

"Illegitimis non carborundum. (Don't let the bastards grind you down)"
-Gen. Joseph Stilwell

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

"There comes a time when you have to stop running...You may live after this stop, or you may die, but neither of those matter either. The important thing is that you stop running, even for a second. Live or die, but neither of those is forever either. And neither of those last or matter. The stop does, because even though you will almost certainly die in doing so, you are dying on your feet. Not running, not sprinting, not hoping for grass under your sandals, but standing, and fighting back, your back pressed to the wall. That's the only reason to run, you see. Not for the wind or the speed, but that moment against the wall, without any place to fight or go...except forward."
-from "The Walking Game"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kideafish
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.04.05(Mon)12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tara forgive me I always assumed you were a male sorry !!

But what a great job !!

Loving my waterbabies ! Are you ?
number6
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.04.05(Mon)12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taratron wrote:
Name: Tara(tron) Launders

For a long time I thought Taratron was a reference to the 80's toy from Hasbro, Transformers. It was a year before someone called Tara by name and I realized A. not a guy, b. not a fan of toys.

As for who I am? Well, we are all three people.
Who I think I am, who other think me to be, and who I really am.

Name: Damian

Nationality: British Canadian

Religion: Agnostic Catholic.

I like: New ideas.

Speaking of which, soap box time! Twisted Evil

Have you ever been talking to someone who spouts the most ridiculous statements or does the most ridiculous things to the point of stupidity where you wonder how they survive in life?

You may want to be careful how you treat them. Someone else in the world feels that way about you. Wink When such a person treats you badly, you can say they are arrogant, but it might be a true mirror image of how you treated those stupider than you.

You might want to think about your dislikes in life... Pride is one of those oddities that have a heads and a tails just like a coin.

My favourite quote, "approximately two thousand years after we nailed some guy to a tree just for saying how nice it would be if we could all get along", Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Hey, you asked for it!
Discus Man is gone... I remain... #6... I am not a number I am a free man!
Kideafish
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.04.05(Mon)12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic just gets better
Funny how you seem to see people differently after they have described themselves as apposed to how you thought they were .

Loving my waterbabies ! Are you ?
Taratron
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2004.04.05(Mon)14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discus Man? Very Happy Yes, Tara is my real name, but some friends nicknamed me Taratron since I wouldn't shut up about Transformers, G1 and otherwise! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fishy_geek
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.04.05(Mon)19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Adam
Nationality: Canadian with French/Swiss background.
Religion: Roman Catholic
Hobbies: Fish, cats, dreaming about places I'll never be lucky enough to go to, working out
I like: fish (duh) cats, kiddie anime, meditating
I disslike:most ethnic foods, tomatoes, Ontario wine, breakdancing, dirt roads
Most embarrassing moment: new one-going out on my condo balcony in the summer, forgetting I was naked and accidentaly exposing myself to everyone on the sidewalk below me Embarassed
Best TV-shows:TLC, Animal Planet, much on Demand
Best quote: Read my sig, and I wrote it!
Best movie:Lots of Hayao Miyazaki films (what, I said I liked kiddie anime!)
mlody
Advisors

PostPosted: 2004.04.05(Mon)23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Pawel (Polish for Paul)
Age: 20?!?! Where the heck have I been all my life?! Confused
Nationality: Polish... don't let that fool you Wink
Occupation: UIC (Uni. of Il. @ Chicago) Physics Student................. Rolling Eyes .
Religion: Roman Catholic
Hobbies: Fish, classic musle car, electronics, computers, sports, Video games (first person shooters...) I've been trying to quit this damn hobby for too long. Evil or Very Mad
I like: AA meetings on these boards where we can discuss our fish/plant problems Very Happy , Chinese food, good movies, people who are open to new ideas, any enviroment that is stress free!
I disslike: ignorance, stuborness, the way society feels and looks today (for the most part... especailly in the USA)
Most embarrassing moment: trying a new form of cooked fish, eventually finding out that I was suppose to peel off the outer layer. Embarassed
Best shows/movies: The Simpsons (the episodes from 1st season to the 8th season)... the new ones don't really float my boat, Realism/thoughtful/experimental films such as.. Lonliness of a Long Distance Runner, Weekend, No mans Land, and many more.
Best quote: Many of the Einstein quotes... (Solutions should be as simple as possible, but no simpler). As well as a few simpsons quotes... (Homer: I know you can read my thoughts boy, meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow, meow meow, meow meow, meow meow meow meow).
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Jump to: