Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
cloudy water
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvr16
Members

PostPosted: 2004.03.16(Tue)16:12    Post subject: cloudy water Reply with quote

OK I have a DI/RO system I just bought. Here is my problem after mixing the salt into the water the water remains cloudy and the cloudiness never goes away. I added osmo prep and the cloudiness remained. when I mix the salt with regular old tap water its cloudy for a minute or two then it clears up. I use a 6 part DI/RO system and Red Sea salt. also after adding the DI/RO water to my tank the pH seems to slowly creep down to 8.0 I was told this might be due in part because of too many minerals in the water. Just looking for a clear answer and a way to fix this problem. I invested too much money in the system just to discard it so someone please help.
wormo3188
Regulars

PostPosted: 2004.03.16(Tue)20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long did you have the water in the tank? Is this a new tank or are you going to be putting the water into something already established? I filled up my tank for the first time with RI water and it remained cloudy for about 3 days, but now its chrystal clear.
dvr16
Members

PostPosted: 2004.03.17(Wed)15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent even put the water into my tank yet its in the bucket still. I mix the salt and the osmo prep in the water and it remains cloudy if the water is not being circulated some stuff settles on the bottom and the water eventually clears. anyone else have this problem someone pls help.
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.03.25(Thu)7:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is a new tank? What is the osmo prep I never heard of it? If theres no water in your tank its best to put the fresh water in and circulate it a few days then start adding your salt. After your water starts cycling then you should get cloudiness from the ammonia spikes.
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: