Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
UV filter confusion
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MARKY MARK
New Members

PostPosted: 2004.03.14(Sun)16:12    Post subject: UV filter confusion Reply with quote

HELLO I AM NEW TO MARINE ,I HAVE KEPT FRESWATER FISH FOR YEARS AND HAVE SET UP MY FIRST MARINE TANK.. THE SHOP I BOUGHT MY STRATER STUFF FROM SOLD ME A UV FILTER AS A MUST HAVE .
I WANT TO PUT LIVING ROCK IN MY TANK PLUS EASY HARDY FISH AND CLEANER SHRIMPS. I HAVE READ IN A BOOK THAT UV KILLS EVERYTHING LIVE ORGINISMS AND BACTERIA . DO I NEED A UV FILTER.. I HAVE TWO EXTERNAL EHEIM 3313 FILTERS WITH SPONGE AND BIOLOGICAL SIPORAX MEDIA .ALSO WOULD I NEED A SKIMMER ...IF ANYONE CAN HELP OUT HERE I WILL BE GRATEFUL, THE LOCAL FISH SHOP HERE IN THE UK SEEMS TO WANT ME TO BUT EVERYTHING ,,,HELP THANKYOU Very Happy
icp
Members

PostPosted: 2004.03.16(Tue)21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a salt water and a fresh water tank and in my experience a uv steralizer will make the water crystal clear but if you want Anemones and/or live rock witch are filter feeders it will kill thear food. I have found a way to counter this break up their dose to daily feedings 1/7 of the weekly amount of food.

This is a list of what I got on my 85 gallon salt water tank and the water is crystial clear. This works with weekly 25% water changes and monthly carbon changes.

XP3 FilStar Canister Filter
AquaClear 300 filter
Visi-Therm Deluxe Heater (300 watt)
SeaClone Protein Skimmer
2-PowerSweep 226 Rotating Powerhead
AQUA 15 watt Ultraviolet Sterilizers
icp
Members

PostPosted: 2004.03.16(Tue)21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add one thing most of the supplys that are listed above can be found at

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Shop.cfm?Ne=4&N=2004

and to buy fish
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/categ.cfm?siteid=21&pcatid=15
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: