Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
[Done] Didiplis diandra.
 Forum Index > Gallery Submission Room  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.03.14(Sun)15:24    Post subject: [Done] Didiplis diandra. Reply with quote

I found this picture of my Didiplis diandra pearling away. I not sure though if this is a good picture for the gallery. Should we try to take pictures that better show off the growth of the complete plant?
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.03.14(Sun)22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Mario! Yes it's better to have the more distant view showing the whole plant, and in the case at hand I'm pretty sure at least one or two people have already sent me some DD images like that, but it's always great to have more pics because if 6 comments are added I open a new page for the species and in this second one it's nice to have a more uncommon angle or closeup shot. I'll dig through my archives and see if I can find the previous DD submissions, then work on it here...
Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.07.14(Wed)19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario, the image is no longer loading above, can you fix that? I found one of my own DD photos but it's not very good:

If anyone else has a good photo of this species please post it here so I can choose the best one for the initial page!

Group: Small plants

Name: Didiplis Diandra

Origin: North America

Care: Hard

Substrate: Rich

Light: Bright

My comment:

This is not a very tolerant plant but it's definitely worth trying to keep. Didiplis diandra is a relatively small, delicate plant that can be used to great effect as a small bundle in the middle to front of an aquarium. The color can vary from dark to bright green, shifting towards red at the top with good lighting. The unique cross-shaped pattern that the leaves form as they grow is very interesting and stands out very well against other more rounded-leaf plants, carpets, rocks, and so on. Under the right conditions it will also grow lots of very small, pinkish flowers at the base of the leaves, you may even be tricked into thinking you have some kind of snail infestation! You can propagate it like other stem plants, just cut the stem and replant it in the substrate.
2la
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2004.07.14(Wed)21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deliberately preferred to keep mine green back when I kept it, but I'm sure someone should have a picture that demonstrates how it got one of its common names of 'blood stargrass'.

Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.07.14(Wed)21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tula, that's a lot better. I also found this interesting angle taken by Enrico in the Brazilian board:

Mario
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.07.22(Thu)20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple of pictures. One close up and one from a little further away, The second picture is really not that good, but maybe we can use my close-up and Tula's picture together.

I would snap a new picture, but this plant did not survive my couple of months of inattention. It disappeared into nothing but a couple of meager strands that just now have been replanted.

Forum Index > Gallery Submission Room All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: