Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
cloudy water
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvr16
Members

PostPosted: 2004.02.29(Sun)20:49    Post subject: cloudy water Reply with quote

OK I've had my tank up and running for ide say three months now. the live rock is growing coraline algae right now slowly but surely and all the tank mates are doing fine. but I still can't get the water clear. its not like super cloudy its just a little cloudy. I have tried water changes but they do almost nothin to solve the problem. ill give my specs hopefully someone can help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it.

Specs
Aquaclear 500 filter with foam pad and a phosopure pad to remove what phosphates and silicates are left in the water
250 gallon perhour powerhead to keep the water moving at the far end of the tank
90 watts acintic lighting 14 hours a day
90 watts 10000k 11 hours a day
trace elements as needed
tank size is 40 gallon breeder 36x18xi think 18 also
protein skimmer running day and night
sg 1.024
temp is 78
weekely 5 gallon water changes off of DI/RO water with osmoprep added to regain trace elements
nitrates 0, nitrites 0, amonia 0
calcium is 400
alkalinity is 300 roughly
pH is 8.3

tank mates
2 pecula clowns
1 sailfin algae blenny
6 turbo snails
6 tiny like half inch dwarf blue legged hermit crabs and 2 are of unknown species
1 3x2 button polyp
2 feather dusters that just showed up within the past two weeks
50lbs fiji live rock that I cured for a long time before adding into the tank

someone please tell me what to do I don't want to purchase a cloudy water remover becaue that just puts a bandaid on the problem I want to fix the problem
karlas
Moderators

PostPosted: 2004.03.10(Wed)4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you running any carbon at all? sometines carbon will help clear up cloudiness and or yellowness to a tank? Is your water that you use to change cloudy at all did you check that?
 Forum Index > Marine Equipment and Chemistry All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: