Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
What kind of shrimp eats a TIGER BARB?! (now with PICS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Forum Index > The Best of the Board  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Cory
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.03.18(Tue)11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawna I got one of these buggers out of a ghost shrimp tank too, and I know how they can hunt and kill. Mine caught neons before but I got them free but unfortunately it ate alll my dwarf cories in 2 days. They swimm at great speeds around the tank until the fish is tired and then the slowly drift DOWN on top of it thus capturing. I also observed mine pinning fish with it head spik and the trying to grab them with it extra long arms. Well after this I had seen enough and I fed mine (3 3/4 inches) measured to a Neolamporgous Sexfactius Smile
Raul-7
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.03.19(Wed)14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just send them in a container of some type...?! Confused
Shawna in CA
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.03.19(Wed)15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Cory; feeding them to something else would be IDEAL! LOL! I have some Congo tetras that would enjoy a snack of this nature, however, after seeing the shrimp hunt and kill a TIGER BARB of all things in less than 20 seconds (literally, the fish was plopped in, and became a snack---there was no chasing until the tiger barb became tired), I've decided not to put the Congos at risk like that. The N. brichardi may enjoy them, too, but there are BABIES in that tank, so I can't risk those either.

Huntress is going to get one or 2, depending on how many she wants (got those bags, BTW) and someone from another forum MAY want 1. The rest are going to the bio teacher at school.
Irons
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.03.19(Wed)18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they multiply I WANT one. *LOL* scary things... how's the nuclear radiation in your area? *LOL* Good luck on the hunt. May want to try your local Univeristy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mr. Cory
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.03.19(Wed)18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way to turn these turds into food is easy just pretend like you are feeding them some flakes and THROW the shrimp into the tank, this will stun him and I am sure that birchardis could dismantle a knocked out shrimp in a couple of seconds, also these guys make great large pleco snacks. Have fun with him while it lasts. They are rather cool when kept with gaint danios because they add a natural looking scavanger.

PostPosted: 2003.03.20(Thu)7:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm.....Shrimp.......with lemon and butter and........yummy! Beautiful pics!
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.03.21(Fri)23:59    Post subject: they look evil Reply with quote

Shawna the last pic is a magic moment love the HELP ME in blood red. I don't think you should feed it to somthing else or bbq them! you should go to Mcdonalds and ask if you can borrow their deep frier. Mmmmmm deep fried shrimp! Very Happy

EDITED by Shawna to fix the spelling of her name.
2 winged demons
corylover
Members

PostPosted: 2003.03.22(Sat)2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't put your other fish at risk. Eat them yourself! BBQ-ed with garlic and butter ! yummy!
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.03.25(Tue)14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well update on the shrimp. Smile I have forgotten to mention that these guys are also known as Vampire Shrimp. My lfs in Albany got a few with bamboo shrimp and they were eating neons like candy. Funny thing though he doesn't bother my puffers at all and has done a wonderful job of eating the algae around the tank. Smile I'm definitly a happy camper.
Shawna in CA
Moderators

PostPosted: 2003.03.25(Tue)21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire shrimp, huh? Well. The name certainly does fit! LOL
 Forum Index > The Best of the Board All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to: