Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Can someone help me Identify?
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AaronMck
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)14:30    Post subject: Can someone help me Identify? Reply with quote

I have a mystery tetra that was given to my son by his grandma but she forgot the name by the time she gave it to him

He has a black dorsal and black gill covers , light orange body with bright orange tail and extremity fins. very passive and non agressive little fish .
Pi
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Is there any particular reason you believe this fish to be a tetra? I mean, are you certain? (BTW tetras shoal and should be kept in groups of 5-6 at least)

2. It's really hard to make a positive ID without a picture.

3. How big is he?

Pi
Pi
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does he look at all like this guy:

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile75.html (scroll down for pictures)

It's the only tetra I can think of off the top of my head that might be your guy. Again, happier in shoals.

Pi
@-McP
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a serpae tetra to me. Smile These guys do well in schools as already mentioned, have a rep for being slightly aggressive but if kept in a large enough school they will keep aggression to themselves.
AaronMck
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats him !! thanks a lot peoples!! I'll get a couple more then.
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: