Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Active Cories
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doosharm
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.14(Sat)14:24    Post subject: Active Cories Reply with quote

Lately I have noticed a strange behavior in my cories. I have a few bronze cories (some albino some not) and an adopted black sail cory. Recently they have become strangely active at all hours of the day. They have always been playful but this is more active than normal. I was just wondering if anybody else has noticed a sudden increase in activity before?

My water parameters are good. 0 ammonia, 7pH, 78 degree water. Nothing has really changed in the tank. I have recently started feeding my fish those cubes of tubifex worms and the cories seem to love them. Also, one of the cories looks pregnant. Could either of these things be the cause for their behavior change? Everyone looks healthy so I'm not worried. Just curious really.

Doosharm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Greatwhite
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.14(Sat)20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tubiflex worms did it. They give fish tons of energy and are healthy for the fish too. I wouldn't feed it to them every day, but every other day, with food like flakes, pellets, wafers, etc. in between. They make the fish give off a lot of ammonia, but not too much. Other than that, your fish sound happy and healthy. Cool
Doosharm
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.14(Sat)21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thats cool. I just wish that I had something to hold the cubes down at the bottom so the cories could get to them better. I generally only use the tubifex worms every few days. Thanks for your input!

Doosharm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lighter
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt be too concern if they're over active. Thats suppose to be how they should behave in the first place!
Doosharm
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my cories are all normally active. Its just that since I started feeding them the tubifex worms they seemingly went into "turbo mode" or something. Like I said before, I'm not really concerned just curious. Its great to see them this active though. They are my favorite fish to watch!

Doosharm
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: