Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Guppy tank issue
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)14:38    Post subject: Guppy tank issue Reply with quote

So, I have a tank with 3 pygmy cories, 3 female guppies, and 1 male guppy. I want to get a feature fish for the the tank, but I don't know what will go well with them I was thinking about a cobalt blue gourami or something else, but I didn't know whether the gourami would do well in the tank or not... like whether he would attack the guppies. Are there any ideas? I just kind of wanted to add some personality to the tank.
hs
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the blue gourami it depends on the size of the tank, as it will need a bigger tank, - if alone, not that big, but if you had two or three, quite big.
I have a blue lonely male gourami in a 23 G, with a lot of female guppyes, - maybe 25 of them (growing fry), that works well, he doesn't hurt anyone in there..
Daniel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we got a honey gourami and put it in there and it seems to be doing fine. Very Happy
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: