Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
About the Dutch aquarium
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plantbrain
Advisors

PostPosted: 2005.05.14(Sat)15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do that.

Vafd is translating it and will post it around the various Russian speaking web sites shortly.

If you ask him, he may send you the translation in a Microsoft Word Document to print out when the article is done.

Dutch aquascaping is fairly straight forward.
Using easy to grow stem plants for a lot of the design, nice relatively even full groups of plants, often the front edge has space instead of being planted.

There is often tapering towards the front and the stem plants are trimmed to make a stair case upward towards the rear of the aquarium.

Another prominent feature: the tanks are often enclosed in nice integrated cabinetry, built in as an integral part of the home.

Few aquarist do this in many regions of the world.

It is a good design routine to do for most aquarist. It will help your aquascaping.

Try to reproduce any design you like.
Then you can develop more of what you like and mix different styles together and create new ones.

I wrote an article on stages of the aquascaper, it has some good ideas and approaches for folks interested in design.

I generally try to foster design and trying to learn based on what appears best to the aquarist's own eye rather than a critique based so much on "rules".

You are the owner and the person that has to look at the aquascape, not anyone else. We do this hobby not to impress others, but rather to please our own sense of aesthetics and creativity.

Regards,
Tom Barr
Neon
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.15(Sun)11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's wait for translation!
I think, me inform.
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to: