Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
how to tell jack dempsey frys from green terrors?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexander willenk
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)8:17    Post subject: green terrors Reply with quote

I have gt's living pieceably with a jack dempsey . the JD is about1year older than the gt's are but they get along quite fine . You might not have a problem since you got them so young.
Oscar916
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psyfalcon wrote:
1 inch is probably too small for mating, but may not be too small for pairing. They may pair, and then beat the snot out of each other until they are ready to breed.

If you can get any pictures, it will be a breeze to ID them for you. Smile

I tried taking a few pics but they always turn out blurry and the fish swim too fast so its hard to capture them on camera. And since they swim so fast, thats what causes the pics to turn out blurry because I use a non-flash digital camera and it should work fine for aquarium photos.
puffermantis
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.13(Fri)22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a "Green Terror" that was about 3" when I got him. I told the LFS that it was just a JD, but they insisted it was a GT. I bought it anyway cause it was a beautiful fish and only cost $2.50. I bought two more JDs a week later that are exactly like the bigger "green terror". The LFS's will say anything to get more money out of us. Buyer beware.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: