Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Has anyone have clownloaches destroying plants?
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh Hansen
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)20:51    Post subject: Has anyone have clownloaches destroying plants? Reply with quote

I was in the local aquarium shop and they said clownloaches are not plant wreckers. I have 4x 15cm clownloaches with the amazon plants and they are destroying the plants in the fish tank. I hear different information about theses fish towards plants does anyone have the same problem as I do or am I just unlucky that the clownloaches personality is they like to destroy the plants.

Any information appreciated

from Josh
ariaanna
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.13(Fri)2:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you sure it's the clown loaches? maybe it's another fish, and it just seems like it's the loaches b/c they like hiding/playing in the plants?

what other fish do you have in there?
Mogwai
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.05.13(Fri)7:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister kept clowns for years and could never keep them in a planted tank - one of the reasons we chose not to have them in our 400L tank. They would dig up and sabotage even plastic plants if they were feeling silly enough - especially Boss, the 30cm king of the tank! Very Happy
kimura
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.13(Fri)17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

my clown loaches love to taste newly emerging leaves from most of my plants. they seem to really like chewing rapid fire holes in my amazon sword leaves even if its not a new leaf. they don't really seem to eat much of it they just want to taste it repeatedly. go with some fast growing plants that won't matter if they get a few chew marks.
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: