Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Least favorite part of the hobby?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laskey
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)4:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, my number one pet peeve is making a bad decision regarding substrate or whatever, and having to tear down the whole tank to make a change. I've done it three times and don't want to tear the tank apart for at least another year if I can avoid it. The buckets and buckets of water are just awful and hurt my back. The job on my 29-gallon planted tank takes from afternoon till bedtime; the hard work is the manual labor and then after that, rearranging plants is time-consuming and requires an awful lot of thought and changing things around, while bent uncomfortably over the tank.
Destany
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)6:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I agree with all of you, my biggest annoyance is to see fish fighting. I just can't stand it! It's stressful to watch. Second would be fish dying for no reason, then water changes, algae scrubbing, etc.
But I really hate it when a fish dissappears without a trace, and no reason! I look in the platy tank, both adults, five juveniles, like it's supposed to be. Next day, only thre juveniles... huh? I look all around the tank, check behind rocks, pull up plants, dig around the substrate a bit, they're GONE! No one in there to eat them either, they're far too big for the adults.
Now, in my big tank, my female moonlight gourami has gone missing Sad I've not seen her for two days and I've looked all over but I can't find her!

But dispite the annoyances, fish keeping is a very satisfying hobby and I find the downsides completely worth it.
2la
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)7:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing that 99% of the Pangasius catfish and pacus out there being sold today will live out short, unhealthy lives in the tanks of those who don't and won't be told any better.
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)7:54    Post subject: Dislikes Reply with quote

The issues I hate about fish keeping in the following order is fish dying or fighting, fish destroying the environment such as my clownloaches on the plants after you spent money on it and the time taken in water changes.

The satisfaction is the landscape you created, with the fish personality you have reacting to the environment and to the other fishes is the enjoyment I have from the hobby.

from Josh.
TheVillageIdiot
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

water changes! I hate them, but imagine they will get better when my sump is setup and running...
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.12(Thu)20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

illegal aglaes!!!! they declared calerpa taxifollia a weed/pest and heavey fines if anybody has it in their tank! I have been fighting that damn stuff for a while. I am winnning but it is so annoying to notice a small frond growing that you missed.

another thing the annoys me a lot is when the corals you buy from the lfs do worse or even die off while the frags you trade for do great and multiply. I spend $35 for a colony of zoos which has almost completely died off only have a frag of the healthiest bit still in the tank. only good thing that came out of it was I got this non weed species of calerpa which I traded for a much more healthy colony of white/grey centered, purple outside and purple/limegreen tenticles and a red mushroom coral.

my little rant.

andrew
2 winged demons
Taratron
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2005.05.13(Fri)15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

That there is a market for dyed, juiced, and hormoned fish, and that there are people daily thinking of new hybrids and dyes to make.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: