Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Fake Corals
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RightNearDaBeach
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.11(Wed)16:19    Post subject: Fake Corals Reply with quote

Hey all,

I plan on setting up my SW tank when get back to the states and I would really like to make some fake corals to add more color and uniqueness to the tank. The fake corals at the LFS are just too darned expensive. Not to mention that if I could make some by myself, the tank would be a whole lot more meaningful. So if anybody could suggest a method or a book or a website to at least start guiding me on how to do this, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time and help!

RNDB
sblack82
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.13(Fri)7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might be a little hard up to figure out how to make some of them. the ones available are made from material that doesn't affect the water chemistry in the tank, and isn't harmful to the fish.........the only thing that comes to mind that is DIY as far as making the shapes anyway is fiberglass......and that just ain't gonna get it...The only other thing I could suggest is to look into some of the shells and such that vendors in Florida have. I'll look for some links and reply later
 Forum Index > Saltwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: