Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
fry tanks
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Honeyrobber
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.11(Wed)16:51    Post subject: fry tanks Reply with quote

I have a lot of window glass and replaced my share of windows over time and even cut the glass for many of them. I am thinking of making a self and making small tanks with a shared bottom and sides for fry. I have a few piece of removed sliding glass door panes I was planning on using for the bottoms. Tanks only need to be about 8 inches high and about 2 gallon in size. What kind of frame would have to be put around the glass? Would 3/4 inch wood frames be stout enough for a shallow tank? I did a lot of carpentry before my back injury so I understand weight of water needing to be supported(8 pounds a gallon). Would I need special glass for the long sides of the tank or just better support like thicker wood as I would hate to have steel?
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: