Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Sm. dempsey, tinfoil barbs, rainbow shark mix?
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigfishking
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.09(Mon)18:06    Post subject: Sm. dempsey, tinfoil barbs, rainbow shark mix? Reply with quote

I currently have 1 black shark 3 barbs and a rainbow shark. I have just ordered a baby Dempsey (approx 1.5"). Will they get a long? The Dempsey will be the smallest of the gang? Anyone experience this? I know they do not get along well with others, and I have a back up tank already operating. Just some thoughts on our "happy" community.
Psyfalcon
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.09(Mon)18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black shark? Scientific name please, I think ? I am getting old, but I can't keep these "sharks" appart anymore.

What size tank? If its large enough, it could probably work, but, it would need to be large enough to give the tinfoils swimming space.
bigfishking
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.10(Tue)7:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morulius chrysophekadion, this is from the gallery page, and it is most certainly him, very interesting guy, we call him Buck. He is coming up on 2.5", the pl*co is the largest at 6-8 inches. We have a 55 gallon tank, and if the Dempsey works out well enough, he will be the last edition the "community". Will that help you? I appreciate your feedback.
Psyfalcon
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.10(Tue)8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll, the problem isnt the Dempsey. They should get along, but the shark, and the barbs will really outgrow a 55. You're looking at a 2 foot long shark and 3 1foot long barbs, plus the dempsey, so it could get pretty crowded, pretty quick.
bigfishking
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.11(Wed)8:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will by that time have another larger tank up and running, it is a 110gal. I am thinking for the present time, all I need to do to the bigger tank is fill it and hook everything up to it before I transfer them.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: